According to ACRONYMMONSTER, Cedaredge, Colorado is a small town of approximately 2000 people located in Delta County in the western part of the state. It is nestled among the Grand Mesa and the Uncompahgre Plateau, providing an abundance of outdoor activities and stunning scenery.
The town was founded in 1882 and is named after an old cedar grove that once grew at its current location. The area is known for its rich agricultural history, with farms producing potatoes, fruit, cattle and hay. The town has several historic buildings that remain from this era including a schoolhouse, general store and blacksmith shop.
Today Cedaredge is a prosperous community that offers a variety of amenities for residents and visitors alike. The downtown area features quaint shops, restaurants, galleries and coffeehouses as well as plenty of outdoor activities such as hiking trails, fishing spots and campgrounds. The nearby towns of Delta and Hotchkiss provide additional shopping opportunities while the Grand Mesa National Forest provides amazing views and recreational opportunities such as skiing, snowmobiling and biking.
According to Topbbacolleges, Cedaredge also hosts several annual events including the Fruit Growers Festival in August which celebrates local agriculture with parades, music performances and other activities. In addition to this there are art shows throughout the year as well as farmers markets held on Saturdays during the summer months.
The local school system consists of two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school where students can take advantage of extracurricular activities such as sports teams or clubs like drama or art classes. There are also several private schools located nearby for those who prefer a more personalized education experience.
Overall Cedaredge is an ideal place to live for those who enjoy small-town living with easy access to larger cities like Denver or Grand Junction for additional entertainment options. With its picturesque landscape, friendly people and plethora of outdoor recreation opportunities it provides something for everyone to enjoy.
Population: 1,854. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,148 (+15.9% change)
Males: 869 (46.9%), Females: 985 (53.1%)
Zip code: 81413
Median resident age: 50.7 years
Median household income: $27,381
Median house value: $117,300
Races in Cedaredge:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.9%)
- Hispanic (5.4%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Other race (0.6%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (21.5%), English (17.5%), Irish (12.4%), United States (8.2%), Scotch-Irish (5.2%), Italian (3.5%).
Elevation: 6264 feet
Land area: 2.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cedaredge
- High school or higher: 82.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 16.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cedaredge town
- Never married: 11.4%
- Now married: 61.9%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 12.4%
- Divorced: 12.6%
1.2% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +436 (+30.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Cedaredge:
- DELTA COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; DELTA, CO)
- MONTROSE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 33 miles; MONTROSE, CO)
- ST MARYS HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER (about 40 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cedaredge:
- MONTROSE REGIONAL (about 28 miles; MONTROSE, CO; Abbreviation: MTJ)
- WALKER FIELD (about 44 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Abbreviation: GJT)
- TELLURIDE REGIONAL (about 66 miles; TELLURIDE, CO; Abbreviation: TEX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cedaredge:
- BLAKE FIELD (about 12 miles; DELTA, CO; Abbreviation: 1V9)
- HAWKINS FIELD (about 18 miles; DELTA, CO; Abbreviation: D17)
- NORTH FORK VALLEY (about 22 miles; PAONIA, CO; Abbreviation: 7V2)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cedaredge:
- MESA STATE COLLEGE (about 45 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Full-time enrollment: 4,415)
- COLORADO MOUNTAIN COLLEGE (about 60 miles; GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,400)
- WESTERN STATE COLLEGE COLORADO (about 70 miles; GUNNISON, CO; Full-time enrollment: 2,199)
- FORT LEWIS COLLEGE (about 111 miles; DURANGO, CO; Full-time enrollment: 4,051)
- SAN JUAN COLLEGE (about 146 miles; FARMINGTON, NM; Full-time enrollment: 2,837)
- ADAMS STATE COLLEGE (about 172 miles; ALAMOSA, CO; Full-time enrollment: 4,147)
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT BOULDER (about 195 miles; BOULDER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 25,355)
Public high school in Cedaredge:
- CEDAREDGE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 290; Location: 575 SE DEER CREEK DR; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Cedaredge:
- CEDAREDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 376; Location: 230 NW CEDAR AVENUE; Grades: KG – 05)
- CEDAREDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 216; Location: 360 NORTH GRAND MESA DRIVE; Grades: 06 – 08)