According to fun-wiki, Cape Neddick, Maine is a small coastal town located in York County. It is situated along the Atlantic Ocean and is a popular destination for visitors from all over the world. The area is known for its picturesque scenery, with rocky cliffs and crashing waves along the shoreline. There are also several beautiful beaches and coves to explore, making Cape Neddick an ideal spot to spend a summer day.
The town itself consists of a few small shops and restaurants, as well as several hotels and vacation rentals. The main attraction in Cape Neddick is the iconic Nubble Light, an iconic lighthouse that stands on an island just offshore. This light has been guiding ships since 1879 and continues to be one of the most recognizable landmarks in Maine. Other popular attractions include Seashore Trolley Museum, which houses vintage trolleys from around the world; Fox Point State Park, which offers stunning views of the ocean; and Fort McClary State Historic Site, which features a Revolutionary War fortification.
According to growtheology, Cape Neddick also offers plenty of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy. Fishing is especially popular here, with both freshwater and saltwater species available for anglers to catch. Hiking trails provide access to scenic views of the coastline while kayaking or canoeing are great ways to explore nearby coves and islands. Birdwatchers will appreciate Cape Neddick’s diverse bird population as well as its close proximity to two major bird sanctuaries: Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge and Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve.
In addition to its natural beauty, Cape Neddick hosts several annual events that draw locals and tourists alike. These include art shows at local galleries, outdoor concerts at nearby parks, seafood festivals featuring fresh-caught lobster dishes prepared by local chefs, family-friendly carnivals full of games and entertainment options, Fourth of July fireworks displays over the harborfront area, holiday parades throughout downtown streets during Christmas time, farmer’s markets offering fresh produce from local farms throughout summer months – just to name a few!
Overall, Cape Neddick is an idyllic spot filled with activities for all ages that make it one of Maine’s most beloved destinations year after year.
Males: 1,406 (46.9%), Females: 1,591 (53.1%)
Median resident age: 46.9 years
Median household income: $45,500
Median house value: $200,000
Races in Cape Neddick:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.7%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (25.5%), English (20.4%), Italian (15.5%), French (10.8%), German (7.4%), United States (6.6%).
Elevation: 50 feet
Land area: 3.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cape Neddick
- High school or higher: 91.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 32.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.6%
- Unemployed: 6.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cape Neddick CDP
- Never married: 20.8%
- Now married: 58.3%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 11.2%
1.4% Foreign born
Hospitals/medical centers near Cape Neddick:
- YORK HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; YORK, ME)
- PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH)
- WENTWORTH-DOUGLASS HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; DOVER, NH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cape Neddick:
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 16 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; Abbreviation: PSM)
- PORTLAND INTL JETPORT (about 39 miles; PORTLAND, ME; Abbreviation: PWM)
- MANCHESTER (about 59 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; Abbreviation: MHT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cape Neddick:
- LITTLEBROOK AIR PARK (about 11 miles; ELIOT, ME; Abbreviation: 3B4)
- SANFORD REGIONAL (about 16 miles; SANFORD, ME; Abbreviation: SFM)
- HAMPTON AIRFIELD (about 21 miles; HAMPTON, NH; Abbreviation: 7B3)
Amtrak stations near Cape Neddick:
- 11 miles: WELLS (696 SANFORD ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
- 19 miles: DOVER (33 CHESTNUT ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cape Neddick:
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 24 miles; DURHAM, NH; Full-time enrollment: 12,586)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND-UNIVERSITY CAMPUS (about 25 miles; BIDDEFORD, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,251)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE (about 41 miles; STANDISH, ME; Full-time enrollment: 2,376)
- NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 41 miles; HAVERHILL, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,388)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE (about 43 miles; PORTLAND, ME; Full-time enrollment: 7,381)
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 47 miles; DANVERS, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,663)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 48 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,384)