According to Health-beauty-guides, Burdett, New York is a small village located in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. It is situated along the west shore of Seneca Lake, and is about 30 miles south of Rochester. The village has a population of just over 500 people, making it one of the smaller communities in the area.
The village was first settled by pioneers in 1807, and was initially named “Burdett’s Corners.” In 1848, it was renamed Burdett after its founder, Joseph Burdett. Today, Burdett remains an idyllic small town with a rich history and plenty to explore.
The main street in Burdett is lined with quaint shops and restaurants that are popular with both locals and visitors alike. Visitors can find unique gifts at local stores like The Village Store or browse antiques at A&M Antiques & Collectibles. Other popular businesses include The Other Side Cafe & Bakery and The Village Inn Bar & Grill.
According to watchtutorials, Burdett also boasts several outdoor attractions for visitors to enjoy. The village is home to two parks: Buttermilk Falls Park and Indian Pines Park. Buttermilk Falls Park offers scenic hiking trails along the banks of Seneca Lake as well as picnic areas and playgrounds for children to enjoy. Indian Pines Park features tennis courts, playgrounds, basketball courts and a baseball diamond for visitors to use year-round.
In addition to its many outdoor activities, Burdett also hosts several annual events throughout the year that bring locals together for fun times and good memories. One such event is the Annual Burdett Harvest Festival which takes place every October on Main Street in downtown Burdett. This event includes live music performances, food vendors serving up delicious local cuisine, arts & crafts booths full of handmade items from local artisans and more!
Overall, Burdett is a charming little town with plenty to offer visitors looking for an escape from city life or those simply wanting to experience small-town charm at its finest! Whether you’re looking for great outdoor activities or unique shopping experiences – there’s something here for everyone.
Population: 357. Estimated population in July 2020: 349 (-2.2% change)
Males: 167 (46.8%), Females: 190 (53.2%)
Zip code: 14818
Median resident age: 37.6 years
Median household income: $36,023
Median house value: $64,400
Races in Burdett:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.9%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (19.3%), English (15.7%), Italian (15.7%), German (13.4%), French (8.1%), Dutch (7.6%).
Elevation: 970 feet
Land area: 1.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Burdett
- High school or higher: 82.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.9%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Burdett village
- Never married: 22.7%
- Now married: 48.2%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 19.5%
1.1% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -10 (-2.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Burdett:
- SCHUYLER HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; MONTOUR FALLS, NY)
- ST JOSEPHS HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; ELMIRA, NY)
- SOLDIERS & SAILORS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 23 miles; PENN YAN, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Burdett:
- ELMIRA/CORNING REGIONAL (about 19 miles; ELMIRA/CORNING, NY; Abbreviation: ELM)
- ITHACA TOMPKINS REGIONAL (about 28 miles; ITHACA, NY; Abbreviation: ITH)
- GREATER BINGHAMTON/EDWIN A LINK FIELD (about 63 miles; BINGHAMTON, NY; Abbreviation: BGM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Burdett:
- DUNDEE FLYING CLUB (about 10 miles; DUNDEE, NY; Abbreviation: D48)
- OVID (about 17 miles; OVID, NY; Abbreviation: D82)
- GRUND FIELD (about 19 miles; ITHACA, NY; Abbreviation: 5N3)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Burdett:
- CORNING COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; CORNING, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,797)
- ITHACA COLLEGE (about 25 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,052)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-ENDOWED COLLEGES (about 26 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 12,036)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-NY STATE STATUTORY COLLEGES (about 26 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 7,413)
- FINGER LAKES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 44 miles; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,021)
- MANSFIELD UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 45 miles; MANSFIELD, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,831)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT CORTLAND (about 48 miles; CORTLAND, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,187)