According to foodezine, Archbold, Ohio is a small village located in the northwest portion of Fulton County, Ohio. It has a population of about 4,000 people and is known for its quiet atmosphere and rural charm. The village was founded in 1833 by John Archbold and was named after him.
The village is home to several local businesses including a grocery store, hardware store, two banks, several restaurants and cafes, and several professional services such as doctors’ offices and lawyers’ offices. There are also several churches in the area that provide spiritual guidance to the community.
Archbold is known for its agricultural heritage. The surrounding area consists largely of farmland with various crops such as corn and soybeans being grown in abundance. The village also hosts an annual festival every June called “The Archbold Sweet Corn Festival” which celebrates the area’s agricultural history with live music, food vendors, carnival rides and more.
According to fun-wiki, education is important to the residents of Archbold as there are four schools within the district: Archbold High School, Evergreen Middle School, Pettisville Elementary School and Stryker Elementary School. The high school offers classes ranging from history to math to foreign language studies while both middle schools provide students with a wide array of activities including athletics such as basketball or football as well as clubs like National Honor Society or student council.
Archbold also has many recreational opportunities available to its residents including several parks such as Spengler Park which features playground equipment for children along with open areas for picnics or sports games; Lions Park which has baseball diamonds along with a walking trail; or Central Park which boasts an outdoor swimming pool perfect for cooling off during hot summer days! Additionally there are numerous golf courses nearby that offer challenging courses for both professionals and amateurs alike!
Overall Archbold is a charming village full of friendly people who take pride in their community’s agricultural roots while also providing plenty of recreational activities that can be enjoyed by all ages! From its rich history to its modern amenities this small town offers something special that can be appreciated by all who call it home.
Population: 4,290. Estimated population in July 2020: 4,505 (+5.0% change)
Males: 2,029 (47.3%), Females: 2,261 (52.7%)
Zip code: 43502
Median resident age: 38.3 years
Median household income: $43,155
Median house value: $112,600
Races in Archbold:
- White Non-Hispanic (85.9%)
- Hispanic (12.4%)
- Other race (5.8%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (43.8%), United States (7.1%), English (6.8%), Swiss (6.7%), French (5.8%), Irish (4.4%).
Elevation: 734 feet
Land area: 4.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Archbold
- High school or higher: 83.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 20.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 1.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 12.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Archbold village
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 62.4%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 8.1%
1.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +787 (+22.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Archbold:
- FULTON COUNTY HEALTH CENTER (about 11 miles; WAUSEON, OH)
- HENRY COUNTY HOSPITAL, INC (about 16 miles; NAPOLEON, OH)
- DEFIANCE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 17 miles; DEFIANCE, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Archbold:
- TOLEDO EXPRESS (about 36 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Abbreviation: TOL)
- FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL (about 72 miles; FORT WAYNE, IN; Abbreviation: FWA)
- WILLOW RUN (about 74 miles; DETROIT, MI; Abbreviation: YIP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Archbold:
- WILLIAMS COUNTY (about 14 miles; BRYAN, OH; Abbreviation: 0G6)
- FULTON COUNTY (about 15 miles; WAUSEON, OH; Abbreviation: USE)
- DEFIANCE MEML (about 15 miles; DEFIANCE, OH; Abbreviation: DFI)
Amtrak station near Archbold:
- 18 miles: BRYAN (PAIGE & LYNN STS.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
College/University in Archbold:
- NORTHWEST STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,516; Location: 22600 State Route 34; Public; Website: www.nscc.cc.oh.us)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Archbold:
- OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-TOLEDO CAMPUS (about 46 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Full-time enrollment: 7,809)
- BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 47 miles; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Full-time enrollment: 16,537)
- UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO (about 50 miles; TOLEDO, OH; Full-time enrollment: 15,999)
- SPRING ARBOR UNIVERSITY (about 51 miles; SPRING ARBOR, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,266)
- JACKSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 51 miles; JACKSON, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,756)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY (about 57 miles; FINDLAY, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,508)
- WASHTENAW COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; ANN ARBOR, MI; Full-time enrollment: 5,436)
Public high schools in Archbold:
- ARCHBOLD HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 487; Location: 600 LAFAYETTE ST; Grades: 09 – 12)
- FOUR COUNTY CAREER CENTER (Location: 22900 STATE ROUTE 34; Grades: 11 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Archbold:
- ARCHBOLD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 546; Location: 500 LAFAYETTE ST; Grades: PK – 04)
- ARCHBOLD MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 451; Location: 306 STRYKER ST; Grades: 05 – 08)
- FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 240; Location: 10322 STATE ROUTE 66; Grades: PK – 04)
Library in Archbold:
- ARCHBOLD COMMUNITY LIBRARY (Operating income: $410,367; Location: 301 1/2 STRYKER ST.; 29,294 books; 1,902 audio materials; 1,083 video materials; 103 serial subscriptions)